Saturday, February 13, 2010

what I've been up to

I am a bad blogger... I haven't posted in over a month and I still haven't finished my Pay It Forward gifts (sorry girls) but I am trying to make some minor amends by sharing a few projects that I have done recently. I seriously have not done very much sewing and have hardly been on the computer. The only reason I get to check my email or facebook is because we got new cell phones at the end of December that have internet capability (I love my Samsung Moment!). And I also have been busy keeping up with my daughter who turned 2 yesterday. We had a small party with family today for her with some all natural/raw treats for her since we don't give her sugar or dairy as a practice. I will post more on that in a different entry and include recipes and pictures. For now though I want to say I am sorry :) and I will try to be a better blogger. Oh yeah and I have started learning to knit for the second time... and I am over halfway done with a scarf that I intend to make a matching hat for and a matching set for Evie.

I did a refashion of a size XL Sherwin-Williams tshirt to a size 2T long sleeve so Evie and Daddy had mathcing shirts. She loved it! (even though her expression doesn't say it)






My first freezer stencil tshirt. I did a Colts tshirt for Evie for the Superbowl... I will say the lettering on the back was a pain to peel off since it was so close together. But it turned out pretty good. And you can't really see it from the pics but I used sparkly blue fabric paint so it was really girly :)



And I had gotten a cute 24 month onsie at a garage sale a couple summers ago and since we don't really do onsies anymore I decided it would be better as a shirt so tonight I hacked the bottom off and did a quick hem on the bottom. (I love quick - instant gratification projects like that).


No comments:

Post a Comment