Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ear warmers, mittens and cinnamon applesauce ornaments

I made these for 3 kids in a family that my church small group adopted for Christmas.
This is Evie mixing up cinnamon applesauce ornament dough.


One that Evie "made" for her little friend Miciah - they both love Thomas the Train.





I had a request to put the ornament recipe out here:
1cup applesauce(I used unsweetened) and 1 cup ground cinnamon (I saw another recipe that did 1/2 cup cinn and 1/2 cup flour but haven't tried that)
as you can see I put the ingredients in a zip loc baggie and mush/mixed them till they were forming a dough then just sprinkle your work area and rolling pin with some cinnamon and roll out to about 1/4 inch or maybe a little thicker (if you roll it too thin its hard to get off the counter and is more brittle when dried), use a straw to make holes for hanging later, then you can either air dry or put in a 200 degree oven turning often till dry... then you can just string up or decorate with glue/glitter/etc.



1 comment:

  1. TOO CUTE!!! You should put up the "recipe" for the ornaments. I usually do a flour, salt & water "recipe" for them...

    ReplyDelete