Thursday, June 9, 2011

INSANITY!

I meant to post about this yesterday Monday but I forgot until this morning Tuesday, and then I just didn't have time until (what is today? Wednesday?!) ok, yeah, Wednesday. Night. Late night. So, here you go...

After the reality of swimsuit season set in, seeing that we have been at the pool at least every other day since it opened, I decided that I needed to get busy and do something to feel better about my "baby fat". It has been an up and down battle since Evie was born over 3 years ago. Within a week of her birth, I got down to about 5 lbs more than my weight right when I got pregnant (that means I lost 25 lbs in about 4 days... but then...) But from there it went back up as I didn't find time to workout with a newborn. And now I am about 15 lbs up from that and kind of fluctuated a bit but not really getting much higher. The real problem is that my prepregnancy weight was about 10 lbs higher than I would have liked so now I find myself 30 lbs from my ideal weight and a closet with the clothes I am "going to fit back into" all shoved to the back. So, back to this post. I had looked into the extreme body shaping type programs that are offered in my area thinking that maybe having the accountability of going to a class and paying a significant amount of money for it might keep me in check, but alas they are 2 weeks into the current session and I don't want to wait another 6 to 8 weeks to start doing something. So, I pulled out my Insanity workout DVDs that I had ordered a while back and decided I was going to go for it! So, Monday, I got up did my before weight, measurements and even *yikes!* pictures and then did the day 1 workout - the Fit Test. The Fit Test is about 25 minutes long with warm up and cool down and it is hard! Most of the "test" part of it, I was pushing myself as hard as I could and was gasping for air!
Tuesday when I got out of bed, I was quites sore from pushing myself and using muscles that, let's just say it, don't get used very often! But I powered through my day 2 workout that was about 41 minutes long and felt great! Sweat pouring off every part of me by midway through the warm up!
Wednesday... well, that was another level of sore with some added stiffness in my calf area that made navigating the stairway a bit more treacherous than normal :) After walking around a bit, I started to loosen up (some) and so again headed down to my "insane" workout. And as I write the rest of this post, I am still really sore. Earlier today, I asked D if he remembered how long it took before the stiff type soreness went away. He didn't, so I don't know how long this will last.

You know, I should just take a minute to do a mini-disclaimer on myself and my ideal workout, etc... this workout is not for everyone - it says that before every workout begins. But, I really like a workout that seems hard to get through, I want to know that the time I have to put into working out is getting me the biggest bang for my buck. I like the challenge of being able to push myself harder every time I do a workout and still feel challenged by it and like it was a hard as the first time I did it. Insanity is that type of workout. Now, I have to say that I also love Billy Blanks and my trusty ol' Tae Bo Live Advanced VHS tapes (not available on DVD, I have looked) but with those workouts you kind of reach a plateau where you don't really get as much out of it once you achieve a certain level of fitness. But, I still love them <3

Ok, so where was I? Somewhere in the middle of pain and week 1 in my 60 day (really its 9 weeks of 6 workouts a week, so 62 days from start to end) Insanity challenge. I know I don't have a lot of readers but I thought it might help me to have my goal and some points along the way actually written down for me (and others) to see. So here's the plan. After this, I am going to update every time I do the Fit Test and at halfway and the end when I recheck my measurements and weight giving the amount lost. Now, somewhere up above I said that I was about 30 pounds from my "ideal" weight. My goal for this 60 day session is to lose around 18 pounds which would put me back at my prepregnancy weight. Along with that, I am hoping to go down 2 pants sizes and hopefully fit into some of the jeans I wore at the beginning of my pregnancy. I know "stuff" shifts around during pregnancy so I don't know what to expect my body shape to be when I get to that weight. Then, if all goes well, I am going to do another round and hopefully get close to my ideal weight (which I will continue to evaluate as I lose - who knows, it may be more or less). So, there you have it...

Ready? Set? GO!

Monday 6/5 Fit Test 1
1. Switch Kicks - 122*
2. Power Jacks - 59
3. Power Knees - 109
4. Power Jumps - 46 hello plyo*
5. Globe Jumps - 10 rotations consisting of 4 jumps each
6. Suicide Jumps - 12*
7. Push-up Jacks - 23 but I need to work on going deeper in my pushup
8. Low Plank Oblique - 64

the ones I have marked with an * I hate feel the most challenged by

No comments:

Post a Comment