Monday, September 27, 2010

7 years!

Happy Anniversary to my husband of 7 whole years! Through good times and bad... and back to the good times :) D came home today with 7 white roses <3 My wedding bouquet was white roses and he has given me a white rose for every year we have been married... he got me a dozen this year because it was like a 3rd of the cost of 7 single ones. He knows me so well - I am very frugal for those that don't know me :)
We haven't gotten to celebrate yet because a company that we will call company "SW" decided about 6 weeks ago that they were going to have a super sale Friday the 24th to Sunday the 26th and require ALL employees, managers included to work open to close the whole weekend :(


Soooooo, we are going to plan a date night for one of the next few weekends AND... wait for it, Evie is going to have her first overnight sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa E! and hopefully we won't be driving in the middle of the night to go pick her up :) Since she was born we have started a tradition of going to eat at a Hibachi grill called Ohana's where I have these amazing
scallops with a secret lemon butter sauce... seriously, I could live on that stuff mmmmmmmm...

I am nervous and excited to have an entire evening and night with just my hubby and no little girl to take our attention away from each other for that little bit! I have strict orders for Grandpa and Grandma about what they are allowed to feed her. We don't give her dairy or things with sugar or artificial stuff in it and sometimes thats hard for them but we do try to have "special" things for her that are healthier but still super yummy! I love her sooooo much but she does consume a lot of my time and I am sure that D would like more attention but he really doesn't complain. I am so blessed!

While we are waiting for our anniversary celebration we are preparing to leave in the morning on a mini 3 day 2 night vacation in Minneapolis! All 3 of us are SOOOOOOOOO excited! We really need a break where things to be done around the house aren't staring us down and we can really get out and have some fun together and relax! We have a pool in our hotel and are planning on visiting the Mall of America to go to the aquarium and check out the amusement park, maybe go to the zoo and definitely are making our first trip to IKEA! Yay!

Okay, so I need to get packing so we are ready to go in the morning! Did I mention I was excited? Just checking :) Evie keeps telling me that "I want to go on vacation NOW!" its hard for her to understand waiting till after we sleep tonight :) I promise to take oodles of pictures to share with you after we are back!

No comments:

Post a Comment