Friday, February 6, 2009

Sorry it has been so long

I really have meant to post more than once in the past weeks... it has been so busy! In between first birthday party planning and sulking that my baby is almost a year I have been frantically cleaning and trying to get some long overdue projects done. We are having a small celebration this Saturday with family and friends. I know she won't remember but I want to have the memories captured for her later. She's my first and it's her first... I think this has been the quickest year of my life! I will hopefully have more time next week to do some proper posting about visiting family the last week while my hubby was out of town on business and then getting together for the Superbowl, I have some adorable pics of Evie and her cousin Violet who is 5 months old now. Anyways, I will be in touch soon but in the mean time please forgive my abscence and say a prayer for my sanity as I am a little OCD and still take on way too much even after a year of parenthood.

Oh, here are a couple pics of the purses/bags I made for my mother-in-law and her sister for Christmas - yes, I know that was over a month ago... the brown courderoy one has a cotton lining printed with Nativity scenes for my MIL (she collects manger scenes and has hundreds so it gets hard to find originals - bet she doesn't have this one!) and the dark red is for my husband's aunt and has a nice red flowery wallpapery type pattern on the interior - very classy :) The tutorial is from here. It went together pretty well, I adjusted how the handle went together at the top and cheated and machine stitched the lining closed (this from someone who ends up doing almost a 1/2 inch seam allowance when it was supposed to be 1/4 inch).

1 comment:

  1. i really like those bags!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Evie! oh, you are just going to have more and more fun!

    and taking on way too much?!?!? it never stops. i was almost in tears last night over how busy this week has been. (don't worry, sometimes i just have to get to let it go and then i'm good again.) and tonight ben and i are taking our youth group to an overnight activity which gets over at one in the afternoon tomorrow, but it is a two hour drive from here - so we will be up most of the night and not home till three or four . . . but, i think it will be fun . . . ahhhh. *smile* i will be taking a LONG nap on sunday afternoon!

    i love your new background!

    ReplyDelete