Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I should be doing the dishes...





Okay, so I usually do pretty good with keeping my house at least picked up, but I have to admit that my house is not spotless - at least not all at the same time. Since becoming a mother, I have struggled with the fact that my time is not really my time any more. Now, I do get moments - like this one - when Evie is napping or her daddy has her that I can get things done like cleaning the bathrooms or vacuuming or dishes and sweeping... the list goes on. Some things I can even do while she is awake if she is independently playing for a while or in the sling or occasionally she crawls around chasing me while I sweep - not the easiest way to do it since I am constantly trying to keep the dust away from her and she is fast - but it works when it has to. But I never seem to have the chance to do a top to bottom deep clean all at the same time. I think that I am getting more okay with it and also better at doing little bits here and there both while she is awake and sleeping. Being a mom, you really need to try to find a balance so that you can take care of your family and yourself. So, sometimes things don't get done right away... but she is growing up so fast and I don't regret any of the times that I chose to hold her or play with her instead of cleaning... it won't be long and maybe I can get her to help me clean :) Anyways, just some ramblings from a SAHM.

No comments:

Post a Comment