Saturday, November 8, 2008

Handmade Holidays








Gifts Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give? I have started coordinating stockings for my mom and mother-in-law for the last few years - since they are the ones getting everyone elses stockings ready they didn't get one, so now I find fun little things and treats for them that they have fun unpacking and if any of the siblings wants to, they can add things as well


If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making? (Post photos if you have some, and if the recipients won’t find out via your post!) gonna have to wait to divuldge that info :) but I will be checking out the "Sew, Mama, Sew blog" for great ideas


Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received? for our anniversary one year, my husband made me a decorative wood box to keep special cards, letters and pics in, he really put a lot of heart into it and it was very special


Do you have any great gift compilation ideas (a grouping of gifts just perfect for certain recipients?) bath and body products are great for women and especially great for hard working moms who never take time for themself


Name one thing on your personal wish list. its not handmade but I love getting gift cards for a local organic spa for massages and esthetics




Traditions



What is your favorite family holiday tradition? really, I think that it is just that we all still make time to get together, I have 3 siblings and this is the first year with any grandkids in the picture and there are two, my little girl who will be 10 months and my older brother's little girl who will be almost 4 months


Have you started any new traditions with your family that you didn’t practice growing up? not yet, this is the first Christmas since we had our little girl and we are looking forward to starting some of our own family traditions


What do you love most about the holiday season? getting to spend time with family - and all of the lights and smells and food and decorations


What do you like least about the holiday season? that it always goes so fast and it is so commercialized - people buy gifts because they feel like they should and no thought goes into it


Anyone close to your heart that you’ll be missing this year? my paternal grandmother... she had been sick with cancer for about a year and passed away this April, we had been spending that time getting to know each other as women instead of just grandma and granddaughter... she is also the namesake of my daughter who was born in February so I am still very sad that she will never get to know her great grandma




What is your favorite holiday food? we always have a big ham and I love to make apple pie with a crisp topping and a deep dish peach pie for my father in law




Do you have a great recipe to share? coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment