Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Being a SAHM


It seems a lot has changed this year... just the other day I had to stop and look at my life - I love my life! Sure it is challenging at times being a full time mom but I can't imagine it any other way. It was a really big decision for me to stay at home when Evie was born and I was scared to death. I mean I was almost 30 and I didn't know anything besides either being in school or working, I had never done this or anything like it. My work was my identity in a way and I was really good at it. What if I wasn't very good at this mom thing? Then there is the added stress of cutting back to one source of income. She is 5 months old now and guess what? We are surviving, you might even say we are thriving as a mother daughter team. Sure my house isn't always clean and I still don't seem to find time every day to shower but when you see how happy and healthy Evie is, I would definitely say it is worth it. I am starting to relax into my new career as a Stay At Home Mom or SAHM and each week gets better. There are so many things that I still want to do, like teach myself how to sew, knit and crochet so that I can be more creative - I would be okay with being that person. I still feel that I want to be able to have my own thing that I do and so I think that doing those things will help in that sense. Maybe some day I will have a part time job or even get back into my own career again, but for now I am content with being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment